Wednesday 13 January 2016

Slowly Down I Go

Checking In

So today was weigh-in day again. At least this time I hadn't put on weight! I have lost 3.5lbs this week. I know for a fact I could have done better but little me was in the hospital on Monday and Tuesday and the stress just got to me too much. I was eating with my eyes and not my stomach and bought far too much junk food instead of healthy stuff. I did eat a concoction of fruit but it wasn't as good as it could have been. I really need to restrain myself a little when it comes to junk food.

A couple of women in the group today mentioned that they had been stuck on getting their body to work properly, mainly in the bowel movements area. I think it is a problem we all come across every now and again, particularly it seems when we have had a couple of bad weeks and our bodies are trying to get back into rhythm of the good week we are having. Obviously natural bowel movers are the first thing we should be trying to get everything dancing again, laxatives should only be used under consultation from a Doctor or Pharmacist :) just to be on the safe. However, here are some natural/organic bowel movers that are sure to help you at least a little!

Apples
Legumes and Beans (yes that includes baked beans)
Beetroots (which I love, I could eat by the jar full!)
Water, Water, Water - can't be said enough can it?!
Prunes
Flax seeds, walnuts & cashews
Tomatoes
Coconut Water
Cabbage
Aloe Vera

(source: www.skinnywithfiber.org )

Out of the above I probably eat the beetroots, tomatoes and cabbage more than anything else. But I am certainly going to try and eating beans, apples and try coconut water more often! I have tonnes of baked beans and other sorts of beans in my cupboard that I really should use. Apples are another one I have loads of. I think, "yeah I'm going to eat them this time" but then I never do!

So far I've lost 2st 2.5lb on Slimming World, and I need to lost abother 5lb to get back on track after the holiday period. I am hoping to push for losing 4lb by next week. Not impossible if I stick to plan!

1 comment:

  1. You will get back to where you were weight-wise, don't stress it. This is a good post, on't forget to drinks lots of water too.

    ReplyDelete