Friday 8 January 2016

Cleaning Conundrum

Is it just me or do I seem to be going round in circles? 

How do you stop your cleaning schedule from becoming monotonous and boring? 

I have a 2 yr old. She creates mess. Lots of mess. My house will never be sparkly clean until she is about 20 or something haha. I clean one mess then turn around and she's making another. 

I've decided that the telephone was a bad invention because in years gone by people would clean their houses all the time because they'd never know when someone would be dropping by so you'd have no choice but to keep everything shiny, nowadays though we know when someone is popping by so some people don't clean their houses all shiny shiny because it's their space and they'll do it when they want. Phones made people lazy I reckon. Me included. I tidy, mainly because Ava needs somewhere to plays and because I need space to walk. I'm not a perfect mother and an even less perfect housewife but I just hate the going round in circles clearing the same mess. 



My mum was here over the holidays and was telling me what she used to do to keep our house tidy when we were kids so I'm going to follow two pieces of her advice. Yes, that's right mother. You heard me correct. At night before bed I'm going to either set the dishwasher off or fill it with things used from the day and I'm going to set the washer off with one light and one dark wash. Let's see how I go. 

1 comment:

  1. oh!!!! you do listen to what I say - well sometimes! I had 4 of you and me that makes 5 and the only time I had as much washing as you do is when the washing broke down. Ava's should be kept in her room, along with all her toys, except for a small box of toys.

    ReplyDelete