Wednesday 6 January 2016

Post Holiday Judgement Day

So I went to Slimming World today. First weigh in since the holidays so I knew it was going to be a big one! I gained 9lbs in 2 weeks. But that's done, over with, time to put the past behind me. I'm hoping to be back on track by the beginning of February. First there is my birthday to get out of the way though! 

Slimming World Cooking Tips! 
Cauliflower rice, mushy pea gravy & swede - cooked without peeling!! 

Cauliflower Rice 

Chop cauliflower into chunks and put into food processor, or, grate with grater. 
Put in microwaveable bowl and cover with cling film. 
Set the timer for 7 minutes then take out. Voila. Finished. Serve instead of rice. 
Always put in more cauliflower than you think you might need as it shrinks when cooked. 

OR 

You could buy the pre packed whizzed cauliflower rice from places like Asda and Sainsburys. You can usually find them on the fresh veg isle or the microwaveable rice area. 




Mushy Pea Gravy

Empty mushy peas into blender. 
Fill empty tin with water and add to blender. 
Add 4 oxo to the blender then give it a good WHIZZ. 
Place in a pan and heat until slightly bubbling. Voila 

Turnip/Swede cooked without peeling!! 

Put into the microwave for 10 minutes. 
Turn it over and put on for another 15 minutes. 
It SHOULD be cooked and you'll know because when you take it out of the microwave it'll feel squishy on the inside. If it's not completely finished put it in for another 5 minutes. 
Take it out and chop the top off, the scoop out with a spoon and ENJOY.  

Now don't mind me whilst I go find some new recipes for my amazing Actifryer! 





2 comments:

  1. well i never!!! not tried the turnip yet, but will at some point x

    ReplyDelete