Saturday 5 September 2015

Mini Kitchen Makeover

Doing the kitchen has not been as easy as I thought it would be but has been rewarding to see finished!

I sat and measured out my grey and blue foam and cut them into small tiles and set about placing them in the kitchen before realising it was going to take me a donkey's age before I would be finished. 

So I had to sit back and think about what I could do instead then remembered I bought some large wooden lolly sticks and decided to go twenty first century and make some shiny laminate for my mini kitchen. Annoyingly enough I had to cut down all the sticks, get rid of the rounded edge and cut them to different lengths so it didn't look so 'straight', if that makes sense? 

Then throughout last night and today I painstakingly pieced them all together over the whole of my make shift mat, which was measured out to the dimensions of my mini kitchen. 

So now the kitchen deco is finito and it is all ready for furniture - that is, if Ava stops thinking the kitchen furni goes in the living room - which is next on the list of rooms to decorate. 

Last night I also sat and made stencil shapes of the tiles on my mini house roof so that I can draw round them by the gallon and it makes it easier to cut and paste. Unfortunately though, not all the tiles are the same size and shape so I had to make 6!!! Different tile stencils. They took forever!





I would take a picture of the finished.kitche deco but my cat has decided he's going to sit in there for tonight. Hence my blog name, House of Gracie Cat :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment