Thursday 3 September 2015

House the Grace Built

So, when I was 16 I told my mum I wanted a dolls house for Christmas. She thought I was mad but I wanted it to be one of those things that stays in the family for generations. More lived in than just looked at. Then at Christmas and a lot of money spent later that's exactly what I got. I'm now 26 and my dolls house was stuck at my mums for a few years then at my sisters for a few months and finally, I had a car big enough to hold my house as well as all our luggage. So here we are. House in my living room.

My daughter thinks it's amazing fun, I however, am slowly going to do it up and make it pretty again instead of falling apart and in bits. I am not a professional at all with the dolls house thing. I don't really know what I'm doing. All I know is I want it to look pretty.

Last night I painted the whole front of the house in white and today I rescued the window frame by making a window frame out of bbq skewers!

I also took a trip to HobbyCraft, my new favourite place I think, and bought some felt to make carpet and some foam to make squares for a kitchen floor. See, I told you it's not really professional but it'll be pretty and be family friendly. I also bought some lovely wrapping paper that will be my wallpaper. I picked the foam for tiles after I picked the wallpaper and didn't realise until later that they'd look so good together. For now, this blog will show my progress. 

I almost forgot to mention, but, I also re-upholstered one of the dolls double beds because the old fabric was grotty and discoloured. 


2 comments: