Monday 7 September 2015

Fiddly Tiddly Bits

I think I'm going for a coastal look in the house because I'm liking this 'au natural' look of wood. I think I'm going lollipop stick crazy! But more on that later.

Last night I was doing the fiddly tiddly bits of the house, the bits that make it a little more complete. I finished glu-ing together the frame of the window that broke in transit somewhere and painted it white so it all fits together. It was a little fiddly because I sat and measured out where the grooves of the joins in the frame would need to be and carved them out with scissors. I'm thinking I need my own special pack of tools for all these random bits that I need to complete.



I also painted the front door white, and then red. It still needs another coat, and needs re-affixing to the house but, apart from that it's good to go. I love the red door. In my real life house I have those PVC doors that would cost a bajillion pennies to change the colour of so they're just plain old boring white. But, I love the colour red; in our bathroom the accessories are purple and the inside of the door is purple too! My husband thought I was mad when I said I wanted it purple but it's nice because it's just a little different. I wonder what door number the mini house should have?



My cat is very upset with me because I moved all the minature kitchen furniture back into the finished kitchen and he got confused because there were things in his sleepy-spot. Poor Milo. It still amazes me how occupied my daughter can be with the house though. At the moment she's been very poorly and not great with her breathing but she was still adamant that the dolls have "dinn' time" and then go to bed with her. Such a cutie.

One final thing, I've been notified by my mother that my blog isn't playing nice for those trying to visit. I have updated it so you SHOULD be able to subscribe on the right hand side of the blog and you SHOULD be able to see all the colours okay. I've turned off the mobile version but even then when I go to check it on my phone the font is different to what I have on my desktop so I'm tres confused. All I can say is bare with me until I figure out what the problem is!

No comments:

Post a Comment